Sunday, January 8, 2017

Testimony Time

This Sabbath is my opportunity to share with you about my identity as a Christian, to share my story. I grew up in a double pastor’s family, and regularly heard stories from my parents about their love for Christ. I even caught my mother sitting on the couch with her Bible open reading letters from her friend Jesus. They both modeled to me what it looks like to be a growing disciple of Christ.

And yet this was not enough. There came a time when I had to decide if He was my Savior, or just theirs. Was He a God I heard stories about, or a God I knew in a personal way. As I wrestled with these questions a verse often came to mind, Psalm 34:7-8. “For the angel of the Lord is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him. Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!”

I took up the challenge issued here to taste and see that the Lord is good. In the looking I found a God who loved me enough to send His son to die in my place, and I found a Savior I committed my life to.

What is your story? Tell me the story of a living, resurrected Savior. Tell me the story of how you encounter and know Him. Tell me your stories and I want to hear it and watch your eyes sparkle as you describe your Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment