Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Unknown God - Acts 17:23

“People see God every day, they just don’t recognize Him.” I wish I could take credit for that profound statement, but I can’t, I shamelessly borrowed it from Pearl Bailey. How many things could you put on your list if I asked you the question, “Where have you seen God today?” Twenty? Ten? Maybe only two? I kept this quote on my bedside table where I could see it each day. It is there to remind me to keep my eyes open to where God is moving in my life. It also reminds me of my job as a Christian is to let others know where the good things in their lives are coming from – God.

Such also was the goal of a preacher. In a land far, far away there was a he took a stroll. As he went along he found altars set up to various gods. Until He came to one inscribed to the Unknown God. Immediately Paul began to preach, and you can find his sermon in Acts 17 beginning in verse 23. He challenged the people to meet the God who blessed them, the God they knew was there but didn’t have a name for yet. May you each day be the challenge to those around you to see God’s hand in their lives.

Conversation starter with God: Talk with Him about where you need your eyes opened to God’s hand moving in your life. Talk with God about how He can use you today to help someone else know that God is the source
​of the good things in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment